Wednesday 30 April 2014

Assignment 3 - Waffling


The main purpose of this assignment was to create a waffling script that would waffle solids. Throughout this process, I learnt how to use nodes like 'list item' to help me indicate the middle point of intersections so that I could create slits into the surfaces. I also learnt how to use mathematical nodes that would help me calculate the length of my object so that it would automatically increase the number of panels to waffle, as soon as it detects a larger solid, but still keep the spacing between the panels about 10mm. Additionally, this script should be capable of waffling nearly any solid that it's given. This assignment has been extremely useful in understanding the concept of waffling and the steps one must take in order to achieve this type of technical modelling. 










Click here to download the grasshopper script for this assignment.



2 comments: